Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chronicles of a Geek on March Break: Chapter 2

Day one of my brief break from the icy grip of school found me doing something interesting... After doing some of my leftover work from school (God forbid they should give us complete freedom), I decided upon something... Different. Something completely groundbreaking.... Something that would break all precedents...

I, Mike Daoust, Would go OUTSIDE. And GO TO A FRIEND'S PLACE.

Having set my mind on this task, I went about preparing. First I got my computer ready to go with me, because of course I doubt I could survive very long without it... Next, I carefully prepared my emergency communication device (Known more commonly as a Cell Phone) and proceeded to board the small transport heading to my destination. I stepped outside, into the intermediary area between the vehicle and home, and was greeted as always by the strangest of wonders. A tall ceiling known as a sky, a large light known as the sun, and seemingly endless limits of space. Perhaps someday i'll explore this, but that might require more courage then I have.

Moving on, eventually I arrived at this other family's house. I went on to try to set up my computer, but alas! I had forgotten a DVI connection cable for the monitor! I panicked, and probably nearly killed myself... but eventually it was decided that the best thing to do would be drive back and get the all important connector. The rest of the day was mainly uninteresting, consisting mostly of playing the Virtual Entertainment Game known as "World of Warcraft" and staying up until I was too tired to continue.