Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another Implosion

What happens when you take every kind of movie and combine it into one movie?
Well you get a small implosion that is generally awesome.


BUT!!!

What would happen if you were to take every type of movie and combine them with about 20 different video games?

Perhaps a fail?
about 4 hours ago I might have agreed with you.

However, this is no longer the case, no indeed it is not.

I would like to present to you Scott Pilgrim vs. The World!


Its basically about a guy who starts dating this girl, but! he finds out that she has several evil and somewhat psycho ex-boyfriends. Sounds like a chick flick right? WRONG!!
Everything turns into a video game, its rather hard to explain other than that pretty much every fight has some obvious reference to a video game. These references range from an obvious Zelda reference with ocarina music and a mysterious girl that for a short while resembles sheik. Or the fact that at least one of the fights involves a girl using a sword that resembles the sword of Ivy from Soul caliber. And I mean come on, if every time I beat a bad guy, a voice came out of nowhere and said K.O.!!! just like out of super smash brothers, life would be pretty awesome.

Anyway I could try and tell you every game that I picked out a reference to, but I will just put a list of the games. If you have seen it then perhaps you could add to this list.

Super Mario
SSX Tricky
Rock Band
Tony Hawk
Zelda
Dance Dance Revolution
Soul Caliber

These are only a small amount of the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I know there are several that are from games I have never played and someone like our own game nut Mike would be able to pick out in a heart beat.

The movie is also for the most part clean aside from a couple select scenes, and the language isn't too bad either. Thay actually mute the F word out and put one of those black squares over the persons mouth, how awesome is that?

Anyway thats all I got

peace