Wednesday, September 25, 2013

And We're Back... Sort of?!

So we are back!

After stumbling upon this old blog and realizing how much I enjoy blogging I decided to ditch tumblr. I'm sure I'll still be on tumblr from time to time. But I will be posting a majority of my stuff here instead of on there from now on. Some of the other bloggers might even start posting here again. Nothing as awesome as before but still something you can read if you get REALLY bored.

On to my actual post.

I have been thinking a lot lately about why do we as Christians feel that we need security? Job security, financial security? You know what I am talking about that feeling where we can do it ourselves.

And I know any good Christian, including myself, have this intellectual idea of dependency down pat and we know what to say and when to say it to make it sound like we rely on God. But by the way we live you can see that we still feel the need to try and fix stuff ourselves. I've messed up on this more then once in my life. HECK! More then once in the the day.

We always feel the need to be in control. I guess handing over the throne of our lives isn't an easy job. I've been reading through Acts lately. Yesterday was Acts 21. The verses that got me yesterday were 12-14 
"When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, “The Lord’s will be done.”
Paul didn't seem to care to much about anything. He gave his whole life to God. It is crazy to think about what he went through and above all of the suffering still have such an amazing attitude.

He didn't care that he might die, or get beat, or have some emotional pain, he just wanted to do Gods will. He lost a lot when it came to serving God. What are we sacrificing to serve God? I can honestly say that my list is pretty short. I'd rather feel good and be happy then serve God, I wouldn't say that I do this and my thoughts wouldn't even think this, but if you looked at my life it would be true. This is my attitude about 90% of my life. Something I need to work on for sure. I have a feeling there are others that need to work on this as well.

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 4:16 "I urge you, then, be imitators of me." And after reading a bunch of the book of Acts this has become a bigger task then I originally thought it was going to be. I think it is something we can all work on.

Nolan Out!