Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Spiritual Beings!



No I don’t believe in Aliens. But Demons yes.

As I was doing my reading last night at 1:45am in the morning and the lights were dim and I was all by myself and I think there was a thunder storm. Just setting the scene…

Acts 19:13-16
Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

That is what I read. Terrifying isn’t it? It kinda just hit me last night, we live in a world and so do these spiritual beings. I think I’ve always really believed this in my head but not practically living like I believing it

The thing is that I’ve seen some horror movies and other movies where people speak to the demons and stuff and the demons speak back. What I didn’t really believe is that they CAN ACTUALLY speak back. Now I’m not trying to scare anyone. More of just a warn Christians that we need to be praying about these things.

Now another thing I believe is that where we live and in the time we live in seeing or hearing demons likely isn’t Satan’s best weapon to send us astray. If someone says they saw a demon or even an angel, we normally call them crazy or something and move on with our lives. Satan’s best way to detour us North Americans from being a good Christian is convincing us to waste time doing useless things. Personally if I saw a daemon it would push me closer to God. But that is just me.

Now maybe it’s because on the whole North America has really just pushed God and everything Spiritual off to the side and even considered it more of a fairy tail and myths then Truth. Even Christians are guilty of this. We just have explanations for everything because of how “smart” we are. Basically we just explain away things. It was a bad dream, maybe you got high, or possibly you were hallucinating. We are really good at keeping spirituality out of the picture.

Something I’ve heard is that in remote places where technology may not be very wide spread and the knowledge that we have access to in North America isn’t accessible as easily or at all. I’ve heard that there are tons of these demon stories that come from these places. Basically These people would stray away from God if they saw a demon or something. They might even start worshiping it.

Now I don’t really know where I am going with this. But what I do know is that Demons and Angels are as real as God is. And if you say you believe that the Bible is the word of God then you have to believe that these beings are real and are fighting a war around us all the time.

We need to pray for protection. And remember to stay close to God because…

“if God is for us who can be against us”
or…
“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”


Those are Romans 8.


I just think is one more reason we need to rely on God and stay close to him and talk to Him all the time and spend time in his word daily.


Nolan Out.