Tuesday, September 24, 2013

MY Favorite Song


Yo!

So here is the Dilemma I have been facing lately. My taste in music.

I enjoy a good catchy song as much as the next guy. My taste in music is quite a wide variety. I also enjoy a “gayer” taste in music, at least according to Sam Des.

Another thing is that I really don’t like that much Christian music. I feel as though lots of it is boring and over done. And when something “New” comes out it sounds just like everything else, and isn’t new. Now don’t get me wrong, one of my favorite bands is a Christian band. But on the whole I’m not a huge fan of the Christian music industry. And it is not the lyrics, most of the time they are VERY solid.

This is the Dilemma. I find my music on my phone being mostly secular. Now I’m not saying that all secular music is sinful and wrong. I enjoy jamming out to Taylor Swift just as much as the next girl. But lets be real when it comes right down to it, even her lyrics aren’t that impressive and don’t carry much importance, like 90% of the secular music industry. Actually if the only problem with secular music was that its lyrics were kinda lame I wouldn’t even have a dilemma.

Lately I’ve been listening to the music on my phone and I have found that there are some songs I just can’t listen to anymore. And its not that I don’t love the tunes or anything, its just that the stuff they are singing about isn’t something I think a Christian should be listening to. Now it isn’t going to make me go out and do drugs, get drunk, and have sex. But it certainly isn’t encouraging me to do the opposite.

And who knows where one stray thought can take you. I’ve certainly been dragged down a river of sin because of one stupid thought. So if I can help it, I have been trying to reduce the amount of garbage that goes in, in hopes that the amount of garbage that comes out will be less then it is now.

So in short I have been slowly deleting songs off my phone. Songs I once loved, to my shame, and replacing them with some more meaningful content filled music.

Which brings me to the subject of this post. My current favorite song. Now it certainly makes me feel old to post this but here it is. At least one version of it. Yes its a hymn. Get over it:



"O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be! Let thy goodness, like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, prone to leave the God I love; here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above!"

Nolan Out