Thursday, July 8, 2010

Forget complaining, this is great!

I take back anything bad I could possibly have said about my Job.

This is amazing!
First, the temperature here is probably cooler than inside your fridge right now... And while I might have found it annoying at first, as I sat around watching myself make typos because my hands refuse to stay steady, now that the heat is out in force I find myself enjoying every second of this sub-arctic experience.
Secondly, after the first week or so I thought my job here would be boring. I was just sorting through personal info and formatting it into excel spreadsheets... But now that's all changed! They want me to start making them programs to make their job easier, and I have complete creative liberty to do so however I want to!

Should I make an Abraham Lincoln themed ticket system?

And last, but oh-so-certainly not least, I finally got told how much I'm allowed to bill them... (See, technically I work for myself as a contractor) and it's A WHOLE LOT more then what I was expecting.
So much so that I might not have any student debt to worry about for at least the first year.

I'm celebrating by buying an Ipad tomorrow and frivolously spending all the money that should be going towards education! YAY!